Welcome to my blog where I will regale you with rich tales of humor, daring, and romance. Just kidding! Maybe you will enjoy my rantings, and maybe not.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Define "Cheating"

Sam thinks I owe the blogging world a confession. We played Settlers of Cataan last night with Jake and Heidi, and he thinks I cheated. (See previous post about how I gave up cheating...) The real story is that he was sitting next to me, and I happened to see the cards he had - not because I was trying, but because they were in plain sight! As a result, I wouldn't trade certain cards with him. (The premise of the game is that you get resources, by trading or other methods, to build cities.) I'm no dummy. I wouldn't trade certain things because it would result in his winning. So, there. My confession. I saw Sam's cards. It was an accident. I'm sorry. I still didn't win - that game anyway. I used my resources well. Call it cheating if you must.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I looked at Jake's cards too...however, in Sam's defense, i never announced I never cheated. Anyway...I really am on your side though.

Brittany said...

So I've come to the conclusion that I must cheat at card games. Otherwise I get creamed. I see nothing wrong with it...really. Hahaha. Don't play cards with me. I am a horrible person.

mom said...

Heather, I'm so surprised that you would cheat--something I would never do. Can you guess why Ryan and I always liked to sit by each other when we played phase 10. We were so good at helping each other out - but most of the time it didn't matter, we still didn't win. Cheaters never win? whatever.
lova ya

*Ashley said...

Yeah, that's totally not cheating...I get jipped in that game every time 'cause someone always sees my cards...so if it is cheating, then I should be the real winner 'cause everyone sees my cards!